Wednesday 5 September 2012

Far Above Rubies: A Woman's Worth

What's up folks...

(My little sister thinks that my greeting "what's up folks" is lame lol...what do you think?)

Anyway....today I want to share my point of view on a woman's worth. Many of you might share the same view as me, and many of you might not. How am I suppose to know what you think if you don't comment?! Stop playing and start commenting lol. :P Ok, now let me get serious..*clears throat*...

You know.... it's heartbreaking to know that a lot of women and men don't realize what precious gift a woman's worth is! But you know what's even more heartbreaking? A woman that's incapable of seeing her worth and thus allows others to destroy her; or a woman that doesn't realize that no money in the world could ever be enough to buy her, yet she allows herself to be robbed. "A woman who knows her value knows that she has something incredibly valuable to give and something important to protect" -Nancy Houston





I can't count how many times women have sold themselves short of what their true worth is! Due to that, they don't know what to accept, which results in them settling for less than they deserve. That REALLY gets under my skin. Ladies, you deserve BETTER, and you don't have to settle! To tell you the truth, I'd rather be alone than to settle for less than I deserve! Like seriously...do you realize that "You are fearfully and wonderfully made.."?! You are a unique reflection of Christ. You are beautiful both inside and out and BEYOND amazing! 


You know what else gets under my skin? Watching a woman give herself away too easily..really now?! *raises one eyebrow* Too many times, I see women fall for the first man that says "Girl you look nice in them jeans" or "Girl you are beautiful"...all of that (to me) is simply talk. Umm...no, that's not enough, it takes more than that brother! You got to SHOW me! Too many guys out here have the gift to gab. (I hope somebody can relate). Men want to win, they were built to work for what they want. They should WORK TO WIN the heart of a woman. Your heart shouldn't be easy to get. It's valuable and you shouldn't just give it away to a man who hasn't put in the effort to get it. Never forget: You set the standards, men just act accordingly. You are a prize....FAR ABOVE RUBIES.

I saw this quote on Facebook one day, I want to share it because I think it's really relevant to what I'm talking about. 


“Have you ever noticed that Rolls Royce, Bentley, and Lamborghini don't run commercials? Reason being is because they know the value of their product will bring customers to them.
Lesson: When you know your value, you don't have to beg people to be your friend, or mate. Be confident who YOU were created to be. Every one can't handle luxury!!”

Ladies, spare yourselves some heartbreak and loss, stop giving yourself away in pieces, connect with the heart of Christ, so that He may reveal to you who you are in Him. Knowing your worth starts in your head, and lives in your heart. 

My prayer for each and every one of you ladies (including myself), is that we would come to realize our true value and identity in Christ and then act accordingly. My prayer for the men, is that you come to realize the precious treasure that God has entrusted you with, and in return, you  would treat her with care, treasure her and cherish her..every moment.

Once again, comments are welcomed. I would love to hear your thoughts. 

2 comments:

  1. Needed to read this, thanks , to many times i think we let the world n all its problem let us forget our worth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! :)