Sunday 2 September 2012

Nhappy and Proud: Natural Hair Care!

What's up folks...

Today, I will be sharing my natural hair progress with you ladies (and gents if you're interested). I have been natural for 2 years, but I had to chop my hair off last summer (1 year ago) because I got heat damage!! Go figure!! *insert sarcastic smile here* Anywho....I will post some pictures of my hair, hopefully I can inspire at least one person to go natural or encourage someone to continue their natural hair journey. My hair type is a mixture between 4A and 4B. With the help of my sweet friend Grace (what's up girly?!) and lots of experimenting, I got a regimen that works for my hair...and through that, I understood my hair more. I will post my regimen up in a different post in the near future. Key to beautifully textured and natural hair is MOISTURE, PROTECTIVE STYLING, ACCEPTANCE AND KNOWLEDGE OF YOUR HAIR, DON'T MISHANDLE or OVER MANIPULATE HAIR and MAINTENANCE!
(Click on the pics to have a clearer view)
High puff: I love this style






High Puff


Side view of Side puff

Back view of side puff.

After I wash my hair..still wet.


Did I mention how much I love doing high puffs?! lol

A close up

These are just a few pictures of my hair...I will post more as I go further along in my journey. In the future, I will post my favourite natural hair gurus, my regimen along with my product staples, helpful books and blogs on natural haircare, etc. I hope you were inspired and encouraged. 

What are your thoughts on natural hair? Leave a comment, I would love to hear your thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. I loce this , I have the same hair type as you and last year a have to cut off a bunch because it was damages by the weather......I seem to can't find the right products for my hair, i keep jumping from one to the other ( what do you use?)...........I use to just wear my hair twist but i am experimenting now and loving it....I am Nhappy and Proud lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Hi5 to the nhappy and proud sistas! lol. I am in the experimenting mode as well, especially for this upcoming winter. For the moment I am using the "nothing but" line; I have their pudding,shampoo,protien treatment and conditioner.However, my staples are olive and coconut oil, cantu shea butter leave-in, and to co-wash I use those conditioners from the dollar store. I will be posting a post about my regimen this week, so you can get the deets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg..I am using the same thing ('nothing but')I just start using it 2 months ago before I was using the 'kinky coily' line........it seems to working so far...I don't know what I will be doing for the winter...my hair was so damages last winter so I know I cant wear it out again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! :)